After a week of 6 kids, a root canal, and just plain craziness, I was ready for a break. (I was ready for a break even before the 2 extra kids). So Nick called his mom and made arrangements for her to watch ALL of the kids while we spent 2 nights in St. George. I was so excited! We booked a room on piceline.com for super cheap on Thursday. We booked at the Wingate by Windham. It was such a last minute trip that I was pleased we were able to put something together so fast. I spent Friday packing while Nick went on the fieldtrip with the girls. As soon as Carson got home from school we took off Southbound! The weather was just fine driving on Friday. We made it to Holden around 4:30 and hung out until Gma Karen was done doing hair for the day. We grabbed a sandwich in Fillmore and made it to St. George around 8:30 that night. We had asked for a king room but they were all booked and only had queen rooms left. So we asked about a king suite, and were were able to upgrade to one for just a little bit more. Since we got such a good price on the room to begin with, we figured we would splurge and do it! It was so awesome!
It was probably a little more than what we needed, but it felt fun to have it feel so fancy and special. Of course, as a mom, I kept thinking, "Oh how fun it would be if the kids were here...they would love this room!". We spent Friday night eating popcorn and watching tv. Ahhhh!!! So nice! On Saturday, we slept in, worked out at the hotels fitness center, and had a yummy free breakfast there too. It really was a nice hotel! Then we made it to a session at the St. George temple that morning. It was great!
After shopping, we headed to dinner at our favorite place, the Roadhouse. The food is just as good in St. George as in Bountiful. It was great! We even splurged and ordered the yummiest apple pie for dessert!
We enjoyed another sleeping in day on Sunday before having breakfast at the hotel again and heading north to pick up the kids. I loved seeing the blue skies in St. George, and knew the weather wasn't going to be the greatest when we got home that night, but we enjoyed it while we could!
No comments:
Post a Comment