Saturday, February 23, 2013

A busy Thursday!

The rest of our week was pretty normal.  Tuesday, after I got done teaching 3 piano lessons, we had a yummy taco soup dinner.  Natalie and her girls had dinner with us and then Natalie and Hallie went to the Jazz game that night while we watched Gracie.  She is such a cute girl and the kids loved having her over to play!  On Thursday we had an extra special busy day though.  Kaylee was supposed to have a field trip on Friday at the Library, but it turned out that it was scheduled for Thursday.  So after I got Carson off to school and ready for his field trip to the Clark Planetarium, I got Kaylee ready for not only her fieldtrip to the Library, but her classmate and friend Azie's birthday part at Kangaroo Zoo.  Luckily, our wonderful friend and neighbor Tara offered to take Kaylee with her and her daughter Ava who is also in her school class.  So that was a lifesaver!  Especially since Preston was napping when she left and came home!  Once everyone was set and gone, it was a really fun day with just my little two babies!  We did some cleaning and then after lunch we made some banana bread.  Alivia loves to help me bake and cook.   



Once everyone got home from school and work, we had waffles for dinner.  Then Preston had his FIRST official food dinner.  Squash!!  He ate about 1/3 of the container and seemed to really enjoy it!  You just never know how they will eat and I was very pleased with his first try at solid food.  He ended up eating the rest of the container for breakfast and dinner the next day.  I think he is slowly getting the hang of how to use his tongue to help him eat!

 The rest of the evening was spent playing with a fun balloon Kaylee got at the party and with Dad's toy helicopter.  We are so impressed with how well Carson can fly it.  He does such a good job, and is way better than I am!






 We finished the night off with a bath for Preston and got all the kids into bed and asleep by 8.  It had been a long and busy day for all of them!  Nick was asleep by 8:30 and I was asleep by 9.  It sure can be a lot of work having a family of 6!

No comments: