Sunday, February 3, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday Kaylee!

Kaylee had her 5th Birthday last Wednesday, the 30th.  It was a blast!!  She woke up to streamers in her doorway and was super happy to get ready for school that day.  She was so excited to take her cupcakes to celebrate her Birthday at school.  I dropped her off to school, took Preston to his Dr. Appt, and was so excited to see how school when when I picked her up at 12:30.  She got a cute Birthday hat and a Birthday book signed by all her classmates.  The cupcakes were a big hit, and she was so happy to tell Miss Trish that they don't even make crumbs.  Yes, you see, it was quite the deal to me to find the right cupcake mix that would be dense, yet tasty, so I could avoid having the biggest mess possible.  So I think she overheard me when I talked about the cupcake making process and how I was so glad to get this recipe from Jana that was a very non crumbly cake mix.  So whenever she would talk about the cupcakes herself, she was sure to point out how they are not messy since they don't crumble.  Funny as that is, it was very true.  I was very happy with how the cupcakes turned out.  I was going to do a cake, but then the cupcakes just seemed like an easier plan, and it was!  With great help from Jana and a cute cupcake stand from Kristi, they were perfect for what Kaylee wanted!!  I love my friends!




 We had lunch and started getting ready for her party.  Dad was able to come home early that day and was able to help us.  I needed to finish frosting the cupcakes and decorate our backdrop for the music videos we were going to make.  The theme for her party was "Pop Star".  Since she likes to sing and dance, we thought that would be super fun!  Here is what the front and back of her invite looked like:

Again, most of the creativeness came from Jana, who let me use her ideas and make it fit for Kaylee's party!  The kids first autographed everyone's bag that they were going to take home.  You know, because when you are famous, you have to autograph things for your fans all the time!  Then we had pizza for dinner.  Then we went downstairs and did some singing and dancing to some fun music like "We are never ever getting back together", "Firework", "Call me Maybe" and Dora.  Then we had cupcakes and opened up presents.  She got a ton of really great gifts!  Here are the pictures from her party that turned out to be super fun!





































 Here are my two cute boys in their matching guitar shirts.  You can't really tell, but they say ROCK on them.  It was cute!  I found them on clearance at Childrens place and thought they would be perfect for the party!


We sure love our Kaylee bug!!!  She is such a bright little girl with a fun and out going personality.  Her most favorite phrase is "Do you know what?!" and "I need to tell you something".  She will talk almost anyone's ear off that will let her and she has a hard time going to bed since she wants to just stay up and hang out with us and not miss anything.  She knows all her letters and numbers and can write not only her name, but everyone in our family names.  She loves to paint, draw, color and create.  She is also super brave.  When we went to her 5 year checkup on Friday, she had to get her booster shots and didn't even flinch when they gave them to her.  Then she had to get her blood drawn to check her thyroid levels, and again she was so brave and didn't even make a peep or move while they did it.  I think the nurses where all impressed with how brave she was.  It made me so proud of her, so I bought her a starburst and lemonade from the pharmacy on our way out of the doctors office.  She deserved it!  She weighed in at 39 lbs (46%) and is 43" tall (62%).  Her vision and everything else was great!  She will be so ready to start kindergarten in the fall!  It was so cute today at Primary...we were doing opening excersizes, and she got my attention and told me that she didn't get sung too.  I realized she was right!  They were in Holden last weekend and so she was gone when they would have sung to her.  So, since I was just put in as the new Primary Chorister this past week, I was able to quickly solve that problem and we sang "Happy Happy Birthday Kaylee Dear" to her.  It was cute!  Even though she seems so big and grown up to me, it is still hard to get that she is already 5.  She is just a joy to our family and we love her SO much!

No comments: