Monday, February 18, 2013

Discovery

Last Wednesday, after Kaylee left for school, I took the two little ones to the Discovery Gateway museum in SLC.  Thanks to Deb, we heard it was free admission with donations of blankets or coats.  I hesitated to go since it would be a bit of work and I have become somewhat of a home body.  I find it easier to just stay home unless Nick is with me or I can leave the kids at home.  But I got up the courage and made it out of the house with the two babies and I was sure glad I did.  Jen and Deb were both there with their little ones and it was such a great time.  Alivia was in HEAVEN....and was just so thrilled over every new thing she found to play with.  It was really fun to watch her.  I think she liked the water area the best.  We weren't able to stay for a super long time and when we got ready to go Alivia, who is normally like 'whatever' and does what I ask her to, threw a royal fit and refused to leave.  She threw herself on the ground and just was so sad that we had to leave.  I agreed to 5 more minutes and the we really had to go.  I ended up carrying a cute but crying 22 month old out to the van since she refused to walk herself.  It broke my heart that she loved it so much and I was making her leave.  So we are now looking into what it would take to get a membership there.  I think it would be so fun to be able to take her there more often so she can get out of the house more and have more fun!  I also need to realize that it isn't that bad to leave the house and it will keep us happier if we try to have a little fun now and then and not just stay home and clean.  So that is my new goal!




 While we were at the museum, I ran into a friend of Nick's from High School, Kirsten Jackson.  She is such a cute girl and it was so fun seeing her.


Even Preston seemed happy to be out of the house and to just see what was going on!  What a cutie!

No comments: