Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Mania...

We had a productive Monday with cleaning bathrooms, mowing the lawn, sweeping, laundry, exercise, preschool, library, Costco, Credit Union, blogging, tacos for dinner, and finally FHE. But as I was cleaning up dinner and getting things ready for FHE, the kids found a way to entertain themselves. They each wore tutu's, put a flower in their hair, and wore a pair of my shoes!
Yes, even Carson got in on the act....I think the flowers were his idea! Someday, he will die when I show these pictures to his girlfriends!
They were dancing along to Barney on the tv. Carson has some pretty impressive moves don't ya think?
But these two make me smile......flowers and all!!
Tonight's lesson from our FHE Book was on repentance. The activity was to have the kids put their hands in different sticky or dirty things to get the feeling of how it feels when you don't repent. I used pudding, syrup, corn syrup, and saltine crackers.
The kids weren't sure what to think about me telling them to put their hands in the food! But it didn't take them long to get their hands covered!
Even Dad got in on the action to help show them it applies to all of us.
Then we talked about the atonement and how it is like washing our hands when they are dirty. It helps us feel better after we do it and we are able to become clean again! It was a great lesson! I doubt they completely understood what we were trying to teach them, but they thought it was fun! After that, we ate pudding for our snack and worked on a project. Our new house rules. The kids colored while I wrote them down and put them on the fridge. This is what we came up with for our rules:
Then Carson came up with another rule....can you tell what is says?
Translation: No Kids In The Pantry! I told him the letters to write and he did the rest! Cute, huh? Even after FHE, Carson asked for a fruit roll up and I told him he could get one out of the pantry and he was quick to remind me that kids are not allowed in the pantry! What a smart kid!! I hope he remembers the rest of the rules as well as he remembered that one!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Looks like a fun FHE! Atleast Carson's tutu was black, blue and green, not a girly color! ;)