Sunday, May 2, 2010

Our 8th day of Awesome!

Thursday was our last day at Disneyland so we got an early start and enjoyed A Bugs Life in California Adventures. It has great rides for little kids and it was not crowded at all. We walked on all the rides more than once or twice in a row!
We walked along the pier and rode the big Ferris Wheel in a swinging cart. The kids loved it!
We spent some time taking pictures, and this one makes me laugh. Carson is trying to pose for me and Kaylee is just doing her own thing in the back ground....
Then Carson insisted on taking a picture of us, so we posed for him....He is getting pretty good at using the big camera.
Of course we had to take a ride on the Carousel.
Carson's favorite ride of both parks was Autopia. We had to ride it probably 5 or 6 times!
We got a chance to meet some of the princesses. Including Snow White and Cinderella. Carson said Snow White was his favorite, and that is the only one he would take a picture with.
I can't even tell you how much fun it was to be at Disneyland with my wonderful children. I won't lie, it was a LOT of work. They weren't always happy or pleasant, but we had so many wonderful moments of smiles, laughs, and joy! To see their faces when they saw something that made them smile or feel happy kept reminding my why Nick and I wanted to do this. They may not remember this trip, but I know Nick and I will, and with the thousand or so pictures I took, they can at least see the pictures of what kind of fun we had when they were little. What I am posting on this blog is only a fraction of the pictures I took. I am thinking I will need to make a book of just the vacation so I can included all the pictures!
We headed back to the hotel for dinner and to change into some warmer clothes since it was really windy that day. We made it back in time to watch the parade in Disneyland. It was amazing. We had so much fun not just watching but participating in it!!
Kaylee got to dance with Jessie from Toy Story. It was so cute!!!
After the parade we had to ride Autopia at least one more time before leaving the park.

It was sad to leave Disneyland that day. Kaylee cried as we walked out the gate and motioned to us that she wanted to go back in. And Carson was sad that we had to leave and asked if we could stay. I wish we could have stayed for another week! But of course we had to eventually come home!!! But we made the most of it and I think we accomplished the goal of having fun and making great memories!

No comments: