Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

Today is Memorial Day! I don't think I realized what this day is all about until I got older. Now I understand and it makes me so grateful for all of the men and women who sacrifice for our freedom! It also makes me think of people who have passed on before and I try to remember them and their families. Like last year I got up early and ran the Woods Cross 5K Fun Run. Last year I ran it in 27:55, but this year I ran it in 26:09. I was super happy with the improvement from last year and from my last 5K run in August, which I did in just over 27 minutes. After the run, I went home and got Nick and the kids and we headed back to the park for a flag ceremony and breakfast. It was fun have the kids attend the flag ceremony. We sang the national anthem and watched the scouts hang the flag up on the pole. It was so cute to watch them put their hands over their heart.
We listened to a few speakers talk and the mens choir sing. To keep the kids entertained I let Carson take a few pictures including one of me.
Then we took one of the two of us.
Then we stood in a long line to get breakfast, which was totally worth it since the kids at almost ALL of their breakfast. It was yummy!!! It was only $1 a person and mine was free for running in the fun run.
It was a pleasant morning and we can't wait to do it again next year! After we got home we ran a few errands to help Nick and Carson get ready for their fishing trip! They are going with Gpa Brower and Uncle Chris up to Flaming Gorge to go camping and fishing for a few days. Here is Carson getting ready to go.
I am sad to have the boys leave us, especially since Carson was gone for a few days last week, but I know that they will have so much fun. It will also give Kaylee and I some good one on one girl time! We just can't go to far since the boys took the van and I am left with Nick's big beast of a truck! :) So I think tonight will be a movie night and I might try and get some more sewing done. I asked Nick to take some pictures while they were gone so I could blog about it when they return, so keep your fingers crossed that he remembers to do that! I am sure Carson will do a good job reminding him since he is quite the photographer himself!

No comments: