Friday, May 7, 2010

Nursery Field Trip

On Wednesday, I went with Carson's preschool on a field trip to J&L Nursery to learn about plants. They started by teaching them about different parts of the plants, like the Root, Stem, Leaves, Flowers and Seeds. Then they tasted different parts of the plant, like grapes, celery, carrots, & broccoli.
Then they got to color a picture of a flower and draw a picture of what ever they wanted. I thought it was so fun to see all these little kids in the BIG desks!
Then we were able to go outside and walk around the nursery and see different plants and smell different flowers. Carson and his good friend Brooklynn were cuter than ever by holding hands the whole time we walked around!
After we were done with the nursery, we headed to Bountiful City Park for a snack and to play on the playground.
The kids had a blast playing together and Carson even got a bloody nose from taking a face plant off a toy. But he didn't cry and we got it all cleaned up with no problems. Brooklynn's mom Kristi, was nice enough to take Kaylee for me that morning so I could go with Carson! I have been able to go on each of his field trips this year and have loved it!
I can't believe how much he is growing and learning! He graduates from Preschool in just a few weeks! He makes us so happy and we LOVE him to pieces! He is always saying the funniest things....like lately he has been calling me "Hot Mama" (that is what Nicholas sometimes calls me!) and he also likes to say "What you talkin about Willis?" and "Just Kidding!" He is a tease! We love you Carson!

No comments: