A Marvelous Mothers Day Weekend
We had a great weekend! It started on Friday night, when Gma Joy came and stayed at our house since she had to attend the UTGOP conference on Saturday in SLC. So she offered to watch the kids while Nick and I went to the temple and dinner. Before we left, this is what they were up to. Jumping on the Trampoline! Gma took them to McDonalds for dinner and they even went for a walk before settling down for the night.
After we got home from the temple and dinner at Sizzler, Nick was happy to see that his new exhaust system for his truck got delivered! I think Carson was just as excited, since he knew this would mean a day of getting dirty putting it in!
So the next morning, that is exactly what they did! While I was at an extra Bells on Temple Square rehearsal (We have a concert coming up in June to get ready for) the kids played outside and Nick worked on his truck. After I got home, I went for a run and Ryan, Taylor, and Chase showed up to give Nick a hand and play. We made homemade pizza for lunch and just enjoyed the day together! After they left and the truck was finished, we headed to Hogan Park for a Dinner Picnic and to play on the toys. I read my book "Catching Fire" while the kids played. It was a great day! The next morning we got up early and this is what I found waiting for me on the counter.
My wonderful kids got me a Food Processor! I have been wanting one for a while now and so it was a very nice surprise!!!!
We all got ready and headed up to Ogden to attend Matt & Natalie's ward. Natalie was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting, so we thought it would be fun to go listen to her. My Mom, Dad, and Chris were also there. So afterwards, we all met back at Matt & Nat's for a BBQ!
But first we had Gma open her presents. From us she got a picture frame with some cute pictures of the kids and a box of cocoa almonds we know she likes!

The food was great, like always!!
The kids enjoyed the beautiful sunny day and played in the sandbox.
Hallie is getting so big! She is sitting up so well on her own and we caught her doing the cutest thing with her lip! It was so funny!
It will be so much fun when Hallie is a little bigger and can really play along side Carson & Kaylee. But they sure do like their cousin!
I just had to throw in this cute picture of Chris.....next year at this time we will be getting a phone call from him in Brazil!
While the kids were playing, Kaylee got a sliver in her big toe....so dad came to the rescue and was able to get it out!
I couldn't convince Carson to get in the picture with me and Kaylee, but I think it was nap time for both of them, hence why Kaylee isn't smiling!
What a fun weekend it was! I got spoiled with love and hugs from both of my kids. Carson probably told me "Happy Mothers Day" a hundred and one times! I love being a mom, even on the days that I think I could loose my mind! I still wouldn't trade it for a million dollars! This is the best Full Time Job I have ever had and will have! I also am so grateful for my mom and all that she does for us! She is a super busy lady and it means so much to us when she takes the time to spend with our family! I have learned so much from her and am so glad she is my mom! I also have another great mom that I admire. Nick's mom, Karen. She is so talented and is so giving! She is always serving others and I have learned so much from her compassion and dedication to her family. Being a mother is such a gift! And I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with such a wonderful family and children!
No comments:
Post a Comment