Sunday, May 2, 2010

Seventh Day of Sunny CA!!!

On Wednesday we ventured up through LA and played at Universal Studios for the day. We only had to drive like 40 miles to get there from Disneyland, but because of traffic it took us over an hour and a half to get there, but it was worth it. It was a great day!!! I got a picture of the Hollywood sign as we were driving down the freeway. Pretty cool, huh!? Nick told me he had never seen the sign in person before, so I was glad we got a glimpse of it.
We had a blast at US. Of course, Nick was super excited to get a picture taken with Homer Simpson. I don't even think our kids know who that is! But we liked the ride!! Carson got to go on it twice with both of us.
Then we did the famous Tram Tour. Nick had never been to Universal Studios, so he was a little sceptical of how much fun Universal Studios could be, but I think he was pleasantly surprised with how fun it was!
After the tour, I even got interviewed by Billy Bush of Access Hollywood. Okay, so it was just a cardboard cut out, but it was fun for me anyway. (Access Hollywood is one of my guilty pleasures that I watch everyday after being DVR'd from the night before).Nick went on the Jurassic Park ride by himself, since Carson wasn't tall enough and I didn't want to get wet. Instead, we just enjoyed watching everyone else come down the hill and get soaked!
Carson wouldn't go near the shark, but Kaylee wasn't afraid one bit!!! Or one Bite I should say!
Okay, this absolutely melted my heart, seeing Kaylee run and give Curious George a BIG HUG!
I think she did that twice....once going in when we first saw him and then again later in the day when we saw him the second time. But George was nice enough to give her hugs a second time!
The best part of the day was playing in the Curious George playland they have for kids. They have a water area, a playground area, and a jungle room that has a bunch of foam balls. You can shoot them with air pressure guns, load them in a cannon and blast them, or vacuum them up and shoot them out. It was a ton of fun!!!! Kaylee kept busy trying to pick up as many balls as she could!
It was a great day. We made it back to the hotel for dinner and some more swimming. This time I joined them and we swam mostly in the hot tub since it was a bit windy and cooler after the sun went down. But the kids didn't seem to mind and either did all the other adults and their kids doing the same thing!

1 comment:

David and Shayla said...

Looks like tons of fun! Your family is so cute, and it makes me want to go on vacation right now!