Saturday, May 22, 2010

Father & Sons Camp Out

The boys survived the Father & Son's Camp out! I was excited for them to get home and hear about how much fun it was and to see the pictures they took! I took these before they left. Carson was SO excited to go and was more than happy to help loan the van up!
Of course, Kaylee was right there along with him helping out. When the boys left, Kaylee had a melt down because she wanted to go with them really bad.
Nick offered to help by taking up 7 dutch ovens, so that is what is loaded in the back of the van. So they piled up all the camping gear on top. Nick always says, "Why do I need a truck, I have a minivan?!".
The camp out was held at Peterson Park in Tremonton, which is my home town and where my parents still live. They made it up to Tremonton around 5:30 and stopped at Pizza Plus to get an order of Breadsticks for dinner. Nick thought that would be easier than making a tinfoil dinner and just as yummy! They found a great spot for their tent and got it set up right away!
Shortly after that, Gma & Gpa Brower and Uncle Chris showed up to say hi! Carson wasn't feeling very good at this point and refused to come out of the tent for the picture.
Nick called me around 8:00 and told me that Carson was sleeping in the tent and had a fever. I felt so sad for him! He acted fine most of the day so I thought he was over what ever sickness he had, but apparently not. So most of Friday night for Carson was spent sleeping. It rained all night but cleared up by morning. Carson slept pretty good through the night, his fever broke, and was up bright and early at 6 AM telling dad to go start the fire for breakfast! He was feeling much better and so after making breakfast the boys had fun launching 2 liter bottles with a water rocket launcher.
One of the first things Carson told me about when he got home was how he fell down when he launched the bottles. I was glad to see Nick got a picture of it!
Despite Carson being sick last night, they had a great time and Carson still had a blast! As soon as they got home, they cleaned out the van and Nick headed to a Stake Scout Activity for the Eleven Year Olds, so he was gone again doing "camping" activities. The kids and I stayed home and made cookies and got dinner ready. Nick is excited to take the kids camping next weekend for the Bennett Family Reunion in Holden, which Kaylee I think will love since she couldn't go with the boys this weekend. In fact, we are hoping to take the kids camping a lot more this summer than we did last summer(which was won't be hard since we didn't go camping last summer!).

No comments: