Sunday, May 2, 2010

The final days of our Amazing Trip!

Warning: This is the final Post of many posts from our California trip, and there are A LOT of pictures! I mean A LOT!! And they are backwards since when I publish a blog book, they will be printed in reverse order. So if you have some extra time on your hands, read on!!!!
We had worn ourselves right out playing so hard in California. These pictures were taken on Sunday on our way home from the zoo. But it was a common scene in the van this past week and a half.
Almost everytime we got in the van, one or both of them would fall asleep. But the kids did so good with all the driving. I also found more pictures of our fun swim time at the hotel in Garden Grove.
We also spent time on Thursday evening and Friday morning playing with the new toys the kids picked out from Disneyland. Carson got some Cars and Kaylee got a princess tea set.
But we also slept in a little bit on Friday and had breakfast before packing up the van and heading back towards Utah.We stopped at our Cousin Jamie's house who lives in California about an hour away from Disneyland. We had lunch with her, her husband Curtis, and their cute little girl Kylee. The kids had a blast playing all together!!! Thanks again so much!!! It was fun seeing you guys!
We then made our way to Vegas where we stayed at Circus Circus. It wasn't the nicest hotel, but it was great for the kids since they had the whole circus thing going on and we had fun playing in the carnival tent for a few hours that night. We also enjoyed dinner at the pizzeria.
We got up early Saturday so we could get a good start on the road and get home. We stopped in Cedar City to eat lunch at Cafe Rio, but the line inside was so long, we got in the van and went through the drive thru which was empty....probably saved us at least 20 to 30 minutes of waiting in line inside! :) And since the place was so packed, we probably would have eaten in the van anyway! (I guess it was graduation for SUU). We finally made it home last night around 5:30 PM and it was SO nice to get home and unpack. We started laundry, vacuumed out the van, and put away all the other stuff we took. The best feeling was climbing into my own bed and realizing how much I missed my soft bed and my pillows! Even Carson woke up and said he slept so good in his bed. I love going on vacation, but it sure is nice to be home! Now back to normal life, but we will always remember this wonderful family vacation. Nick and I have decided to try and take the kids on mini vacations, even if it is just to a hotel in downtown SLC or something fun like that. Maybe Park City or St George, but just somewhere we can all spend time with each other with out the distraction of everyday life. I recommend to all my friends and family to do the same. It is totally worth it!! Can't wait to do it again, soon!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

CUTE pictures!! They make me want to go somewhere. I've decided next time we take that trip we need to go to Universal Studios. There are a lot of characters there that you don't see elsewhere. My boys would love to see Curious George! I'm glad your family had a great time, and I'm glad you traveled home safely.

Kellie said...

How much fun!!! I'll have you know I read every single post!! :) I'm glad you all had such a great time. We'll have to talk on more of the planning aspects of it at some point, as we're planning to go next Spring. Now you can give me all the tricks of the trade! LOL!

Katie said...

Great pictures! It makes me want to go back SO BAD! :) I'm with Melissa, we'll have to do Universal Studios the next time we go.