Thursday, May 27, 2010

Carson's Graduation

Yesterday was Carson's Preschool Graduation. We all got dressed up and went to the Bountiful Library to watch his graduation program. He looked SO cute!
Gma Karen, Gma & Gpa Brower, and Uncle Chris came to watch his graduation program. We were so happy to have them there with us!
The program was so cute. They each had a speaking part and sang a bunch of songs that they learned throughout the year!
Carson did a great job with his part. He had it memorized and when Miss Wendy held up the microphone for him to talk, he told her "I don't need help..." and then said his line which was:
"In April we were glad to know we finished every letter, but April also brought with it a load of crazy weather!" I was going to take a picture of if, but I was so wrapped up in watching him say his line that I forgot to take a picture! It was a proud mommy moment! Then while we watched a video of pictures from the school year of the kids, they went out of the room and surprised us by changing into really cute graduation cap & gowns. Then they were awarded their Preschool Certificate from Miss Wendy.
Presenting the Class of 2010.
Then it was picture time with the graduate.
Carson and Kaylee.
Grandma Karen and Carson.
Mom, Dad, Carson and Kaylee.
Uncle Chris, Gma Joy,Gpa Brower and Carson.
Mom and Carson.
Miss Wendy and Carson.
One of his great friends, Brooklynn and Carson.
Both Grandmas were SO proud of Carson! He did a great job!
After the graduation was over, we headed back to our house for some chocolate cake. Carson and I came up with the M&M design! It was yummy! (In case you can't tell, the M&M's spell his name!) I know that it was just a preschool graduation and some people might think that we made too big of deal about it, but I say they are only young once and we should celebrate as much as we can and do as much as we can to show them we love them! After we had cake Carson was lucky enough to go with Grandma Karen home to Holden. We are headed down there this weekend so he can come home with us, but this will give him a chance to play a bit longer with his cousins and help work on the farm, which is his favorite thing to do! But I sure miss him, and he hasn't even been gone a whole day! I love you Carson and we are all so proud of you!!!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That's a handsome little stud you got there!!! Congratulations Carson!

Anonymous said...

So cute. And a cake?! You're such a great mommy!

Jana Banana said...

Yay Carson! I can't believe he's old enough to go to kindergarten! He looks so cute and big! I'm glad he had such a wonderful day :)

The Hornes said...

I can't believe they are done and heading to Kindergarten! This year just flew by.