Sunday, December 21, 2014

Gifts and Date Nights

The kids took a gift to their teacher on Thursday.  We got them jelly roll pan lids.  I know it sounds weird, but I think practical is the way to go!  They were all excited to take them to their teachers.  
 Kaylee had her class party on Thursday, and made this cute gingerbread house.
 Carson has been working on crafts all week in his class and made this cute tree and talking reindeer.  He also did a Christmas Tree pillow like his pumpkin pillow, then came home with a scarf he made from fleece on Friday.
Friday night, Kaylee and I had a girls night of shopping at Farmington station while Nick stayed home with the other kids.  We had a ton of fun and enjoyed doing some shopping and stopping for some chocolate at Harmon's.  She was so good and didn't complain once about going to another store or waiting in line.  It was so much fun.
Nick worked on Saturday, I took family pictures for a friend, and then I was lucky enough to get a date night with this handsome boy.  We did some more shopping (I needed to pick up bags for the subeams, ctr rings for the CTR 7 class, and do some more shopping).  He also was so great and didn't complain once about going to another store.  We got all the shopping done and hit Arby's for dinner on our way home.  Funny story, we were trying to figure out where to eat so I got out my little coupon holder to see where I had coupons.  Every coupon I pulled out was expired.  It was hilarious and Carson was laughing so hard every time I pulled another coupon out all excited just to find out it was expired.  It was quite the ongoing joke of the night.  
 We had a fun day at church today.  The ward choir did the Sacrament meeting program, which I was a part of.  I even had a solo.  I sang Sally Deford's song "When Mary sang her Lullaby".  I usually don't get nervous when I sing, but I was nervous today for some reason.  But it went well and I was glad it is over!  Tina did a great job with Sharing time.  Kaylee was Mary when they put together the Nativity scene.  It was cute.  Next year's sunbeams got to come in and sit through singing time just to get a feel for what it will be like next year.  That included Alivia.  They were all so cute, so I had to get a picture of them too.  Alivia loved it, can you tell?  

We had a yummy turkey roast and baked potatoes for dinner and cookies for dessert before putting the kids to bed so I could get caught up on blogging.  I feel so behind and I am sure I am forgetting a million details that would be fun to share, but my brain is so full from trying to remember and think of everything that I just don't remember well unless I have a picture of it.  Maybe my new years resolution will be to blog daily, even if I don't have pictures so I can remember more of the details.  It could be fun down the road to read about the little things we do daily.  But for now, this is what you get. Merry Christmas!

No comments: