Carson was the first to be up Saturday, no surprise! Eventually Nick and Kaylee also woke up and went outside to visit with other people who were up. I finally got up about 7:30 and the little babies also got up shortly after. Breakfast was still being put together so I decided to go for a run since I had all my stuff with me. It was amazing!!! I ran 3 1/2 miles down from the camp almost into Liberty. It was just a beautiful crisp morning full of sunshine and fresh air. It was such a great run. I would seriously live there if I could just so I could enjoy that run every morning! I got back just before breakfast was ready. We enjoyed pastries, fresh fruit and hashbrowns in the dutch ovens. Yum!
After breakfast we all got ready to do a little hike. They had two hike options, a 1 mile and a 5 mile. Since we had little kids and we needed to get home somewhat early in the day, we did the 1 mile. It was pretty much all straight up and down though, but the kids didn't have any problems with it at all. Alivia walked the whole thing herself. And even Preston insisted that he walk some of it! The views from up on top of the hike were amazing!!! I could have hiked that trail and been on that mountain all day, and so could the kids! It was just beyond fun!
I love this picture of Carson holding Alivia's hand and helping her walk through the river bed. It was so sweet to see them be so nice with one another all weekend.
We got back from the hike and grabbed a quick bit of watermelon and then finished loading up the trailer and headed out of there by 11:30. We made it home, through ogden canyon this time, by 12:30 and quickly unloaded some of the trailer and got all cleaned up to spend the rest of the day at Lagoon with Nick's family. Overall it was such an enjoyable campout and weekend. I can't wait to do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment