Sunday, June 1, 2014

Greenwood Triathlon 2014

So last Saturday, while we were in Holden for the reunion, Nick and I did the Greenwood Triathlon.  I did it last year and it was a lot of fun.  I convinced Nick to do it with me this year and he was all for it.  I didn't do the swim part because of my nose surgery, but I got to enjoy watching Nick try and swim his part of the Tri. It was pretty funny to watch him swim laps, when he has never done it!  But he figured out how to walk when he could touch the bottom and side stroke when he was in the deep end.  And he wasn't the only one with that same strategy.  He was the first one in the pool that morning to start the triathlon and I was proud he didn't give up.  

 Once Nick was done swimming we both got on our bikes and biked from Fillmore to Holden.  About 12 miles.
 Then we got off of our bikes and did just over a 3 mile run, through fields, to the finish line, which is Randy and Joyce Coats front yard.  I like this triathlon because it is so low key and not super competitive.  It was a great workout and I loved that Nick was willing to do it with me!  That was probably the best part!

No comments: