Summer isn't official until the kids have swimming lessons I think! This summer, all three older kids get to take lessons. Alivia was SO excited!! We got on Tues & Thurs, for 40 min, for three weeks. This works out well compared to EVERY day for two weeks like we have done in the past. I have also enjoyed getting a neighbor girl to come over and babysit Preston while I take the kids so that I don't have to wrestle with him the whole time. It has been fabulous! I forgot my camera on Tuesday, so I took some pictures today. All three kids seem to being doing great and I can already see great improvement in Carson.
When we got home, we had a quick lunch and then we ran to Kmart since they had their swimsuits 50% off. I got the older three a new suit and found a steal of a deal on a cute shirt for Preston...it was only $1.29. When I got home and put Preston down for a nap, the other kids played with friends while I worked on stuff for an upcoming group piano lesson. We were tempted to go to Ihop for dinner because they have a kids eat free special right now, but I had plenty of eggs, so we did scrambled eggs and pancakes for dinner. Yum! After dinner I took Kaylee with me to return an item to Ross, and when we got to the store it was barely sprinkling, but by the time we left the store it was pouring rain...like it drenched us by the time we ran to the van. We had to make one more stop at Sally Beauty and this time we took an umbrella with us, but the puddles in the parking lot were so huge that we soaked our feet and legs walking into the store. We just laughed and laughed. Kaylee thought it was the funnest thing in the world. And it really was! I love warm summer thunderstorms. When we got home, I wasn't surprised to find the kids all out playing in the rain. So I grabbed my camera and an umbrella and took some pictures of them enjoying one of the fun things of summer, thunderstorms!
If it would have down poured just a bit longer I am sure the park across the street would have filled up again which is always a favorite thing to have happen in our neighborhood. But we still all enjoyed the rain we did get. So overall...it was a day FULL of water!
No comments:
Post a Comment