Sunday, June 8, 2014

Cowboy Party and Bikerides!

It has been a little crazy lately.  With our rental house still needing some work and Nick working overtime sometimes and other weekends he doesn't, we sometimes don't know what our weekends will be like until they are here.  That was the case this past weekend.  We found out Wednesday that Nick wasn't working overtime, and so we had a short lived idea to try and take the trailer out camping, but of course we had many other things that needed to be taken care of, most importantly our rental house in Garland.  We have been working on it really hard and just had a few more things that needed to be fixed, like some holes in the closet doors and doors that needed to be painted.   So Nick got up early on Friday, not only to get to Garland to work on the house, but also to get some more work done on the cherry bomb (Nick's red old toyota corolla he drives to work).  The head gaskets needed to be replaced along with the timing belt, but at least it didn't crack the head or ruin the engine, so it was able to be saved.  I was able to get in a 4 mile run before Nick and Carson headed to Garland.  Since they were gone, I took the younger kids to Lagoon for a bit and packed a lunch of PB&J to eat there.  It was super fun!  I wasn't sure how it would be with just me and the kids, but they did great and it ended up being a lot of fun!





 Kaylee wanted to ride the bat really bad, but since I had the two babies, she had to ride it by herself, which didn't seem to bother her one bit.  We got home and put Preston down for a nap and I worked on cleaning the bathrooms and doing laundry most of the day while I worked on my talk for Sacrament meeting.  The Primary Presidency was asked to speak, so I tried to not procrastinate too much and get it written so I would have time to make any changed I might feel it needed.  We stayed up a little later than we should have, but we enjoyed a popcorn party with Erin and her kids while we waited for Nick and Carson to get home.  They didn't get home until just after 10:30, which wasn't too late after I finally got the kids to bed.  Oh well....it's summer.  Right?  The next morning we all slept in a little and Nick spent most of the day finishing fixing the red car, which he was successful at, but not after having issues and buying a book at the part store so he could figure out what he was doing wrong.  I was glad to see he was able to get it fixed eventually!  Kaylee spent the afternoon at a super fun cowboy Birthday party for her friend Kayson from her kindergarten class.  It was quite the party, complete with a pony and tons of games.  She had a blast!!

 That evening, we had a baby sitter come over at 4:30 and Nick and I enjoyed another fun biking date night up to Farmington.  With a bit of extra riding, we got in a total of 37 miles!!  It was a blast, even though it was hard.  We enjoyed Zupa's for dinner before biking back home to complete our trip.


I had a meeting this morning, and then came home and made a few final changes on my talk before heading to church at one.  I think my talk went well.  I talked about the importance of teaching our children.  I used a timeline of when the proclamation to the family came out and how the view of the world have changed so much since then with the introduction of technology and cell phones.  I used a lot of information we got at a Stake Aux Training a month ago, and I think it worked well with the topic we were given.  I was just so glad it was over.  Primary went smoothly and I got a picture of Carson after his name was called to pick a wiggle song.  He picked "If you're Happy" and so he got to do the action.  I could hear him singing "The Family is of God" from the back of the room today....it was so neat to hear him sing his little heart out!  It made me proud!  
After church, we had a quick ice cream treat before I went back for a special meeting at 5.  When I got home we had roast beef and potatoes for dinner before I made a quick trip to visit my friend Dawn Tanner and their new baby boy, Ryan, at LDS Hospital.  We enjoyed a small dish of strawberry shortcake for dessert before sending the kids to bed.  It was a fast and busy day.  In the midst of all of the craziness the past two days, we have found someone to rent our house in Garland, so we are supposed to meet up with them tomorrow to sign paperwork. So fingers crossed they will work out great and eventually will buy the house.  Here are a few pictures of the house since we have sided it, roofed it and put new shutters on it.




I have been so worried about having the house sell or sit empty for a long time, so I am happy we will at least be able to rent it.  It was on the market for over a month and just not a lot of activity, so I think this will be for the best!    

No comments: