We got home pretty late Saturday night so we could sleep in our beds and be home for Sunday. I had my first Ward Council meeting as Primary President so I felt like I needed to be home for that. The meeting was at 9, then I came home and was able to get the girls hair done since Nick got them bathed while I was at the meeting. We had time to get some lunch and the kids practiced their piano before going to church at 1. Kaylee has such a great memory and after just a few times playing her songs will try and play them by memory. She also looked super cute with her hair down so I had to take a picture. She normally has her hair in pigtails or braids because it gets tangled so easily. But she has the prettiest strawberry blonde hair and I love seeing it down. Maybe as she gets older it will be easier to leave her hair down. I hope anyway!
After church we enjoyed a yummy bbq with the Nelsons. It was delicious and we finished it off with some s'mores. Our kids love playing with each other and so they all had a blast and it was nice getting a chance to enjoy the warm weather and visit with Nick and Erin.
Monday was Memorial day, and instead of going to the WX 5K run and breakfast, which we had planned on, we slept in. We were so tired from such a fun busy weekend that we just needed to sleep. I did get up and do a bike ride before teaching two piano lessons. Then we spent the rest of the day working on things around the house, doing laundry, primary stuff, and the kids were content just playing with friends outside. We had planned to go to Lagoon, but since the kids were doing great just playing with friends we decided to just stay home. We had a yummy alfredo dinner that Carson helped me make from scratch. It was yummy and we made so much it lasted almost all week for leftovers. Tues I practiced with the 2nd graders for their opera and then they performed it Wed at 2:30 for the students and at 6:30 that night for the parents. They did great and it was a lot of fun for me to play the piano for them. We spent some fun days at the school and also enjoyed the nice weather. In fact, one day for lunch we ate lunch on in the front yard and had a little picnic. (I actually think this was from the week before...but sometimes my days all melt into one and I just can't remember....maybe that is why I should try and blog more often!). Just wanted to share these pictures though. I still laugh every time I see Preston's wink smile. Haha!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment