Wednesday, Kaylee had her first gymnastics class for the summer rec class she is signed up for. Her friend Makenna is also taking that class, so her mom picked up Kaylee for me and took her. While she was gone I was able to teach Carson how to mow the lawn. Ever since helping Nick with the lawn at our rental house a few weeks ago, he has been wanting to mow our lawn. I LOVE mowing our lawn every week for a couple reasons. First, I am pretty particular on how it is mowed and I love making it look nice. And second, it is a great workout and I love getting a few extra calories burned! But he is getting older and it will be nice to let him mow the lawn from now on. So I gave him a good safety briefing before we started and walked next to him for the park strips and half of the front lawn. He caught on quick and did a great job. He even did great emptying the bag. I think he will get better and better the more he does it and eventually may be able to do it without me supervising so closely. But for now and probably most of the summer, I will be right next to him because I have this horrible fear of someone getting hurt by the lawn mower. But it was so great to see him work so hard.
Preston wanted to help mow the lawn too and was out watching us the whole time!
Since we got all our work done, after Kaylee got home from gymnastics, we packed a lunch and headed to the splash pad to enjoy the warm weather. Preston wasn't so sure at first but it didn't take him long to get into it and really enjoy the water.
I had four piano lessons that afternoon, so Nick took Kaylee and the kids up to Kaysville for her dance dress rehearsal. They played at his friend, Arden's, who lives in Kaysville while they waited for her to be done. When they got home, we had leftovers for dinner and I did a quick bike ride while Nick took the kids to the store to pick out their own kind of ice cream. We had promised them some ice cream from last week and just never found time to go and get some. So they were all happy and we enjoyed ice cream before heading to bed that night! I seriously LOVE summer!









No comments:
Post a Comment