Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

On Thursday, Kaylee's preschool class had a field trip. We went to the Black Island Farm in Syracuse, UT to go to a pumpkin patch. I went with her, and we took Alivia with us. We met up with her class around 11 and took some pictures before we started the tour.
We then got to ride on a trailer that was pulled behind a big farm tractor We toured the corn fields, cabbage patches, and we even stopped and saw them pull out carrots from the ground! Then we made our way to the big pumpkin patch where we were able to pick out our own pumpkin. Then we had to wait for the worker to come and cut it off the vine.
I packed us a lunch to eat after the tour, and so we had a fun little picnic just the three of us. Then we joined the rest of the class in the big play field that had tons of different activities. Big slides, bounce houses, and other obstacle course type play areas.
We had a lot of fun and it was a very nice warm day. Alivia was so good and enjoyed hanging out in the front pack for most of the afternoon. I really want to take our whole family back there and play, I think Carson would really like it. It was a busy day when we got home. Nick was home early from work for a wingman day. So I was able to go to the temple with my friend Melissa that afternoon. We are trying to go once a week, but some days and weeks are too crazy, but we have been several times in the past month and a half since we started. I am so thankful for a great husband who lets me get out of the house and have a little bit of a break. He let me go shopping Friday night all by myself. It was so wonderful! I had to just find a few more things for our family pictures we are planning on taking in a few weeks and for some more stuff for our cruise coming up. Three weeks from today we will be boarding the Disney Wonder for our 7 night Disney Cruise. We are so excited!!!

No comments: