Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkins!!!

This time of year is fun....it is getting cooler and it puts me in a mood to make soup, bake treats, and wear comfy sweaters. I also love baking with Pumpkin!!! My kids love pumpkins too, but not just for eating. Last Saturday we got some new paint and they spent some time painting their pumpkins. They had a blast!!! And they turned out great.
Then on Monday, for FHE, we carved pumpkins. Like normal, we had fun carving pumpkins with our good friends, the Yospe's. I think we have carved pumpkins with them every year since we moved to WX. (Btw....On Saturday, the 15th, we celebrated our 7 year anniversary from the day we moved into our home in Woods Cross!!!). Here are some pictures of the carving fun.
Okay, so maybe Jana and I don't do a lot of hands on carving, since we leave it up to the professionals, aka Ike and Nick. But we still have fun!!! We also enjoyed the activity with some yummy rootbeer floats. (Jana and I made our own version of a S'cookie). I am glad we were able to get the pumpkins carved before our trip. We will be going on a Disney Cruise and won't be back until Halloween Day, so we planned ahead to make sure this activity was done before we left. And don't worry, I already have the candy bought and the kids' costumes are ready to go!

1 comment:

Caprice Erickson said...

I love the idea of the painting! Then they last a little longer so cute! I can always count on you to see current pics I love that!