On Monday, Carson's class went on a field trip to the Red Butte Gardens in SLC. I was able to go as a chaperon. Nick had the day off since it was Columbus Day, so he was able to stay home with the girls so I could go with Carson. It was a beautiful day....just a little cool, but by lunch time we didn't need a jacket anymore.

I had never been to Red Butte Gardens so I was excited to go. It is up by the U of U in the foot hills and it is BEAUTIFUL!! When we got there they gathered all the kids on the steps before breaking up into groups.


Each group had a tour guide. Our guide was "Arty". I think she is from India. She was very nice!



The view from the gardens is amazing and it would be a very pretty place for a wedding or reception! I am trying to figure out how we can do family pictures there....but I think it would cost too much to get in to do pictures. But it is very pretty there!


We walked around and stopped by a little stream and the kids learned about plants (root, stem, leaves, and other plant talk!).

They even colored their hands green with a leaf. They thought it was pretty cool!


My favorite part was the rainbow trout they had in a pond. They were HUGE!!!!





Carson loved riding the bus! I was supposed to ride with him, but they ended up only having one bus, instead of two, so 6 of us moms had to ride separately. I offered to drive and we just followed the bus.

After the gardens, we went to a park close by to have lunch. We packed PB&J for both Carson and I. It was a fun day and it was so great to spend time with Carson. He is still at a fun age where he will give me hugs and hold my hand (even in front of his friends). He is such a sweet boy and I sure love him!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment