Saturday morning, after Nick worked a half a day, (So he was home by 9:30, crazy, I know! But since he starts at 4:00, he can work 5 hours and be home by then!), we loaded up and headed down to Holden for the weekend. Ted and Karen were putting in a new hard wood floor in their house and needed some extra help from Nick, and the kids love going down so they can play with their cousins. Here are some pictures from the fun, work, and yes...I managed to get some of conference in as well!




We enjoyed getting to see Grandma and Grandpa Pace. They came over and had dinner with us and visited for a bit. We also canned 80 lbs of chicken, and so it was nice having Grandma Pace there to give us an extra hand!





Alivia loves her Bumbo (even though she is now sitting up on her own...I need to take a picture soon and post it!). Kaylee decided she would be silly and sit in the bumbo herself. She did fit, but of course it was a tight fit....we all laughed when she stood up and it was still attached!




The wood floor looks amazing and they got most of it done by the time we left on Sunday evening. It was a fast but very fun weekend! I enjoyed the time I had to relax, watch conference, and get some reading done with the boys worked and the kids played. I just finished the 5th book of the Culinary Murder Mysteries, Pumpkin Roll, by Josi Kilpack. They are a great series and I have enjoyed her other books as well! I am always looking for a good book to read! With our vacation coming up, there will be a lot of time for reading with our drive to CA! Can't wait!
1 comment:
K seriously when are you going to teach me how to can chicken..I really need to learn to do that. Great updates no wonder we don't see you any more you are always going!
Post a Comment