Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Tour of Utah

Last Tuesday we had the Tour of Utah start in Tremonton, make a loop around the valley before heading to Ogden for the finish line.  I had signed up with my good friend Tiffany Ashby to volunteer as a course marshal.  My job was to make sure when the cyclists were going by our area that no one or no car be on the road.  I signed up for the intersection at Crumps since it was just a block from my mom's house and it would be easy to be there with the kids.  But first Tiffany and I walked up to the start line to check in, get our swag bags (with awesome stuff like tshirt and hat) and then checked out the start of the race.  They even gave us a subway lunch to take with us.  It was a lot of fun to see such a professional set up for this race.  We made it back to our spots at 10:20 and then the bikers came by about 11:15.  It was a quick passing since they were going really fast but it was really exciting!  I was so glad that I got to be a little part in this big event.  The rest of the week it was fun to see how the rest of the stages did since it went until Sunday.  I hope they do it again next year!





 After the exciting morning, I took Alivia to an "Upstart Training" in Brigham City.  This is for an online program that she will do as a preschooler before she starts kindergarten next year.  The idea is that she will do 'homework' every day for at least 15 minutes on the computer to help her be completely ready to start school.  I think she is going to like it as long as we don't forget to do it every day!  But so far, she seems happy about doing it and thinks it is fun to have her homework.  She is such a cutie and she was so excited the whole time we were there!  On the way home we stopped and got a donut as a treat just for the two of us.  I love spending one on one time with this cute girl!

No comments: