Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Music Man Jr.

Since we first found out we were going to be living with my parents during the summer, the kids have been excited knowing they were going to be able to be in the Garland Children's Theatre play.  My mom started the theater almost 29 years ago and they do a play every summer in conjunction with Wheat and Beat Days in Garland.  I was in many plays growing up and I was so excited for my kids to have that same opportunity.  Carson and Kaylee both had to audition, and Carson was a salesman and was part of the quartet that sings throughout the show.  Kaylee, one of the youngest kids in the play, was a townsperson and had a solo in "Wells Fargo Wagon" and it was "It may be curtains!"  and she did amazing!  They worked hard for a whole month and it was finally showtime last week.  They did a show on Monday, Tues, and Wed at 7 with a Matinee on Wed at 2.  They had a blast and it was so fun seeing them perform.  I was able to be involved in doing the shirts, cast pictures, cast party and the program.  I also helped with makeup backstage before the shows.  It was great to see so many other parents helping out with so many things!  Here are some pictures from the show each night, the cast party, and the fun candy bouquets that they each got from Nick and I.  We also gave one to grandma to tell her thank you for all her hard work and help to let Carson & Kaylee do the play.  We sure love grandma and think she is pretty awesome!

















We have told my mom that next summer the kids will have to come and live with her for a few weeks so that they can do the play again!  For reals!

No comments: