The day had finally come! We were ALL excited for it! The first day of school! This year of course was a little different because it was a new school for the kids. They were probably a little more nervous than in years past, but they did great and were super excited! We had a bit of a hectic morning though. Home Depot was supposed to deliver our fridge between 8 and Noon, and at 6:45 I got a call saying they would be there in 30 Min! I had missed the call while I was trying to get everyone ready for school so I called back and left them a message saying I wouldn't be there until 8. On the way to school, I got a call from Nick saying he was at the house and they left the fridge on the porch because Nick didn't have a key so they could get it in the house. It was a little crazy and Nick and I didn't agree on what they should have done with the fridge so it was a bit crazy trying to take the kids pictures. I went extra early to make sure I could stop and take pictures on our new porch and with a Fridge on the porch it made it a little tricky, so this is what we came up with. I really should have taken a picture of the kids with the fridge strapped to the porch column, but I was too mad to think straight. I guess I expected when you spend that kind of money on fridge, the least they can do is deliver it when they say they are and install it for you.
We got the kids dropped off at school and found the lines they were supposed to stand in to enter the school. I love the excitement of the first day of school. Everyone dressed in their new clothes, their hair done nicely, the smiles and nervousness on everyone's faces, including the parents! It is a fun time of life! I made it back to the house after dropping of the kids and Alivia insisted that I take her picture for the first day of school.
The little kids and I spent the next 4 hours chilling at the house waiting for the internet guy to come and install our internet. We also got a visit from Alivia's preschool teacher. I had brought chicken nuggets for the kids and used the microwave so we could have lunch there. Too bad we didn't have any chairs or stools to sit on, that would have made it more comfortable!
We headed back up to the house so Nick could put the handles on the new fridge. For a minute I could see a glimpse of what it will be like in our new house!













No comments:
Post a Comment