Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The first day of school!

Last Monday was the first day of school for Carson and Kaylee.  Carson has Mrs. Davis for 4th grade and Kaylee has Mrs. Thompson for 1st Grade.  (Carson had Mrs. Thompson as well and we LOVED her!!).  The night before school each child got a blessing from Nick and Kaylee also made sure to make a to do list for the next day.  They included:  Say Hi, Be Happy, Go to School, Have Fun at School.  I think that is a great list!
The kids were excited to ride their new bikes to school.  I drove the two babies in the van with me and met them at the school so I could take pictures and post them on the PTA's FB page.  I am the treasurer this year but I also help with the FB page.  I was happy to be there so I could get pictures of them too!  








They had a great first day and week.  The only issue Kaylee had was making sure she had enough time to get her lunch and be able to eat before they dismiss her table to go to recess.  I think she will get better at it as she gets more and more comfortable with the whole system.  I was there quite a bit helping with PTA stuff and getting things ready for Back to School night so that was fun to see them there throughout the week.  I have also been there this week helping with the fundraiser and even got to eat lunch with them (pictures to come).  I love school time, even though right now things are a bit crazy!  Here is to a good year!

No comments: