Monday, September 22, 2014

Hot Dog Social!

I got up early Saturday and got in a three mile run before Nick took off to a wrecking yard up north with Dave G.  He has been driving a 1990 Toyota Corolla (aka "Cherry Bomb") and it has run pretty good until the past few months.  He has been keeping it running but it finally died for real about two weeks ago.  He decided to just take it to the scrap yard and sell it.  When he took it up there last Tuesday, he found out he couldn't sell it since his name wasn't on the title, even though he bought it from our neighbor Dave and had the title.  So he had to make a trip up there with Dave so he could get it sold.  When he got back we spent most of the day running errands, working on the basement, and doing things around the house.  I took a picture of the girls from that morning because I loved Alivia's crazy hair and Kaylee had some awesome teeth to show off!

We got all the trim up in the basement (we had added another trim piece to the current trim to make it look nicer and just had to get it painted).  It looks good now with a fresh coat of a lighter paint and new trim.  We also built a closet and so now it looks like it has always been there.  I will try and take pictures of it tomorrow.  After we got the trim painted we loaded up the kids and headed down to Mills Park for the annual Stake Hot Dog Social.  Yum!



The weather was perfect!  It was fun to see friends from our ward and stake.  We sat with the Youngbergs and Neumanns.  I love living here and can't imagine being anywhere else!  After the hot dog social, Nick and I got the kids into bed and enjoyed a movie night watching "Mom's Night Out".  It was a cute show!   It had a great message that I really needed to hear.  I highly recommend it to my friends.  The kids watched it the next morning while I was at a meeting and Carson thought it was hilarious.  I may just have to own that one!

No comments: