This morning, Alivia had a field trip for her preschool. But before we went, we had a busy morning. I got up early to run, and since it is so dark at 6 AM, I have been getting a lot of use out of my reflective vest I have been wearing. Kaylee and Carson were headed out on their bikes when we realized Kaylee's bike had a flat tire. Luckily, Dave was willing to give them a ride to school so I could finish getting the other kids ready to go. Cassandra (the PTA president, friend, and mother of Oliver who is in Kaylee's class) and I decided to take donuts to Mrs. Thompson's class since it was her birthday earlier this week. I went to Smith's to pick them up and then headed to the school. On the way to the school I got a vox from Cassandra telling me that Mrs. Thompson wasn't there that day because her husband had been hit head on by a suburban last night as they were biking. He is okay, but is in the hospital. I felt so bad for her!! We decided to still bring the donuts, and dropped them off to Mrs. Foster who was substituting for Mrs. Thompson. Kaylee thought that was fun since she was her Kindergarten teacher last year. I had to do some pta stuff before leaving to Farmington to meet up with the preschool group at the Davis County Art Museum at the Farmington Courthouse. They took them on a tour and gave each child clip board with an "I Spy" paper to use. Preston was so excited to be part of it and get his own clipboard.

After the tour, they got to make their own art. Both kids loved it!!!
After the fieldtrip, Dave was nice enough to take Livy with him so I could stop at Walmart and do some grocery shopping with just Preston. He actually offered to take Preston too, which I should have let him, but I didn't think it would be too bad. It wasn't bad, it was horrible!!! He screamed almost the whole time we were in the store. He screams so loud I am sure the whole store could hear him. I was doing all I could to not start crying myself. I got home and fed him lunch and put him down for a nap. He is so cute and smart, yet is so exhausting, demanding, and can be downright mean. It is hard to have patience with him sometimes. I had to wake him up to take Alivia to choir, then we went to the school to do some more pta stuff until we picked up the kids, since they didn't ride their bikes. Then we took the older kids to choir and the younger kids and I played at the park down the street. We came home and started on homework while I made dinner. Nick got home right as we started dinner and we spent the rest of the night helping Carson with his math homework. He does a pretty good job and knows how to do it, but can be a little sloppy with his work, so we have been working hard trying to get him to do good work. By the time we were done it was time to get ready for bed. It just makes it a crazy long day and we get to do it all again tomorrow. Like I said in my previous post, it has been a rough few weeks for me as a mom and I really don't like how it makes me feel and so I am trying to figure out if there are things I can cut out to make life a little less chaotic. So wish me luck in trying to be a better mom and try to simplify my life!





No comments:
Post a Comment