Sunday, August 12, 2012

Friday Fun in Park City!

We got up bright and early and had breakfast at Kneaders which was just below our hotel.  I had never had their breakfast before but their french toast was AMAZING!  Yum!
 We did a little bit more looking around before heading back to the hotel to let the kids swim again.





The kids had a blast swimming once again and then we got ready for the day.  They loved the big bathtub our hotel room had!  
 We got checked out of our hotel and headed up to the Utah Olympic Park that was just right across the way from our hotel.  It was a fun little drive up there and so cool to see the ski jumps get closer and closer.


When we first got there we watched some Arial Jumpers practicing into the pool.  It was so cool to see it in person.  I was impressed!  It also looked like they had some summer camps going on teaching young kids to jump.  We could have easily stayed there all morning and just watched.  



 We then went and got passes for Nick to take the two older kids on the Alpine Slide they have there.  They got to ride the chair lift to the top and take the slide all the way down!



It was almost 1 by the time we were finished so we were starving for lunch and headed straight to Panda Express for lunch.  
After lunch, we took advantage of some free bowling passes that our hotel gave us for the bowling alley that is in the Newpark Business complex.  It is probably the nicest bowling alley I had ever been too.  They had nice couches to sit on and they brought us water to drink and we even ordered a yummy cookie brownie sundae to eat while we bowled.  It was awesome!






 Just Nick and the kids bowled since Livy is too little and I am too pregnant.  Kaylee totally smoked the boys the first game!





It was such a fun afternoon.  We made one quick stop at the outlet malls and then headed home since were were ALL exhausted.  We made it home around 4:30 and just chilled the rest of the night and did laundry to get the kids all ready to go to Holden for the next week.  It was such a fun little get away and I can't believe it took us so long to go to Park City for a getaway like this.  I think this will become an annual thing we do before school starts every year.  Next year though, we want to stay in a suite at Newpark.  Those have your own private hot tubs on the balcony and I think the kids would really like that!  Again, I am so grateful for the time we were able to spend together this weekend and to have such an enjoyable time with our little family!

No comments: