Thursday, August 23, 2012

Down on the Farm!!!

I should have made Karen take a million pictures so I would know all the fun that they had, but it was fun to even get a few pictures of what the kids did while they spent some time in Holden.  Here is a picture of them and their cousins before going to church on Sunday.  They all look so adorable!!!
 I got this picture on Wednesday of them playing in the water.  I knew they were having a blast!

While they were in Holden I heard that they got to go swimming in Delta at the pool and then eat at McDonalds.  When they got home I asked them if they missed me and Carson said "We were having to much fun to miss you!".  That is good!  I hope that they will get to spend time down in Holden every summer since it was such a good experience for them this year!  I was a little worried that they would fight and bug each other during the week, but Karen reported hat they did wonderful and she didn't have to get after them once.  So I was glad to hear they were so well behaved.  Of course we enjoyed talking to them at least once a day to see how they were doing and  to hear about all the fun things they did that day.  There were moments I missed them a ton, then other times I would just enjoy the quietness of the house and the easiness of only having one child. Just loading into the van one night, Nick and I noticed how easy it was and how there was no arguing or discussion of making sure kids have shoes, what seat they get to sit in, and having to say over and over "Get in the Van!".  It was just easy.  But again, we missed them.  Nick drove down to Holden after working a few hours on Thusrday, the 16th.  I was so excited for them to come home that night.  They made it around 7 PM and we quickly got them bathed and ready for bed as they told me all about their week.  I think Alivia was really excited to see them too!  Again, it was hard for me to have them gone, but I know it was something that has made memories for years to come!

No comments: