So while the kids were at the farm, we thought it would be a great time to get Kaylee's new downstairs room ready for her. She had asked for a purple room, so that is what we gave her, complete with stripes! I loved Carson's stripes he had in his room and was so sad when we painted over them, so I was more than happy to more stripes up for Kaylee. Since we did Carson's room twice doing strips, it didn't take us long to get the tape up and figure out how to do it. While I taped, Nick put together the extra bookshelf we picked up at Ikea for Kaylee's room.
Then the painting. It really didn't take us very long and we got it almost all done before Livy woke up from her nap.
We are very pleased with how it turned out and when she got home she was so excited and was thanking us over and over for her new room. We had found the comforter set at Target and I think it looks good with the stripes.
Since Kaylee has a new room now, we moved Livy into her old room complete with a crib just for her. We were lucky enough to get this free crib from a neighbor's sister and we painted it white and I think it looks cute in the pink/black room. Livy slept great in there last night and I think she will enjoy a more girly room!
Last night I also got the nursery some what put together for the new baby. We are using Carson's old crib set that my sister had borrowed. It works great with the green walls we already have in the nursery, so it made it a cinch to put together. I will post about that when I get it all put together. Even though it is a lot of work, and no one will probably ever see these rooms, I think it is important for our kids to feel important enough to have their own special room decorated just for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment