Sunday, August 3, 2014

Swimming....at the Discovery Gateway

While Carson was a scout camp Tuesday, and since I didn't have any piano lessons, I decided to take the younger kids to Discovery Gateway.  We invited the Youngbergs to come with us and it was a lot of fun.  We started out playing inside like normal.  After a little while, we decided we wanted a snack so we headed upstairs to go to the outside atrium, where the helicopters are so we could enjoy a snack.  It was pouring rain, but since there was a canopy area we braved the rain and had a snack.

But it didn't take long for the kids to find the huge puddle that was just outside of the canopy area. At first they just walked in it on their way to the covered 'hospital'.  But then walking turned into running and then falling in it.  Then it was all over from there.  Preston landed on his stomach several times and we just laughed because he was so soaked!  They played in the rain and the puddle and had an absolute blast while we ate some cookies.  I took a lot of pictures and video of them playing and we just laughed and laughed.  Preston and Alivia both got soaked and they were so wet that we ended up just leaving after that since they were way to wet to go back inside and play in the museum.  Who knew we would end up doing some swimming while we were there!  Kaylee stayed and played with Makenna and came home later with the Youngbergs.  

I got home and got the two babies changed into dry clothes and put Preston down for a nap before Carson got home from scout camp.  Luckily Nick was home from work early so he stayed and watched the babies while I took Carson to a dr appt for his ears.  His left ear had been draining since they got home from Holden Saturday night and so I wanted to make sure it wasn't anything serious.  He was diagnosed with swimmers ear and we picked up a Rx on the way home to start using.  After dinner I had a Primary Meeting, so overall it was a pretty busy day.  But a fun one!

No comments: