Saturday, August 9, 2014

Ogden Temple Open House

Thursday, the 7th, we picked up Nick from work on our way up to Ogden to attend the Ogden Temple Open House.  We stopped at Matt & Nat's so Nick could shower then Natalie and the girls joined us for lunch at Arby's.  After a quick bite to eat we headed to the temple and easily found parking across the street and made it to our tour time of 12:30.  We watched a short video and then got to walk through the temple.  The older kids have been through an open house before, but since they are older I think they were more interested in what each room was for.  It is a beautiful temple and I think it will be a popular temple for marriages.  I can see all the potential wedding pictures since the grounds are beautiful and big.  One fun thing about when we went through is that almost all the volunteers helping commented on how beautiful the girls looked in their dresses.  Kaylee even turned at one point and asked "Why do they keep saying that to us?".  It was cute, and I also thought they looked really cute!  We managed to take a few pictures before leaving, but Alivia was in no mood for pictures and the older kids wanted to just go back to Matt & Nat's to play with the girls.  The kids weren't happy when we told them that Hallie & Gracie were napping and so we would have to find another day to play with them.  I felt really bad too, but the temple just didn't take as long as we thought it would.  I am glad we went though.  I think it is wonderful that the church offers an open house for people to see the temple, especially if they aren't members or who are less active.  







For how busy it was and for how many people were there, it was such a smooth tour.  You can tell they have done this before many times!!!  Can't wait for the dedication next month!

No comments: