Monday, August 25, 2014

Nick's new truck!

 Nick has been wanting a bigger truck for the past few months, and really since we bought our trailer two years ago.  We had bought Nick a 2006 F150 3 years ago, in July.  We got a great deal, a great interest rate, and we have loved his truck.  It had really low miles on it when we bought it (53K).  We almost had it paid off, just owed under $3000 dollars on it.  We had bought it before buying our trailer, and even though it pulls it just fine, it really didn't get the best gas mileage and we knew we could never pull anything bigger.  So Nick always talked about getting a bigger "diesel" truck.  He really started looking seriously about a month ago, and every truck we saw and called on was either already sold, too many miles, or too expensive.  We really wanted something that would either have a very small loan so we could pay it off fast or better yet, have no loan on.  We went to the auction with a dealer last Tuesday to see what we could find, but the 2002 truck we found was pretty beat up and had almost 300K miles on it.  And it was a boring white color.  We did find a good deal on a 2008 Ford, but it would have meant another 5 year loan and we just didn't want to do that.  So we kept looking and finally Nick found a truck in American Fork on Thursday.  It was a 2002 F250, with just over 200K miles on it.  I know that sounds like a lot, but for a diesel, I guess it isn't.  The dealer hadn't posted a picture (which luckily is why it probably didn't sale before Nick had a chance to look at it) so the salesman texted Nick a picture, and when he saw it, he knew he wanted to go look at it.  So that night Nick too the two girls with him and drove down to take a look at it.  Carson had an interview to get a ticket to the Ogden Dedication that night at 7 and I had a team meeting for the redrock relay I have signed up to do at 7:30.  So I kept the boys with me.  He had already somewhat worked out the numbers with the dealer on trading in our silver truck and so when he got there and realized that it was a truck that he wanted, it made it pretty easy to run the numbers and make it all work.   Ken Garff gave us a great deal on the truck, and so with our trade we ended up paying off the loan and actually getting almost $1000 back in cash.  So I was happy for that reason and Nick was super happy because he was getting the truck he has wanted!  He drove home that night with the new truck and the girls seemed like it was a lot of fun to ride in the new truck.  So good bye to the old silver truck and Hello to Big Red!  Nick hasn't stopped smiling since he got it and I don't blame him.  I am happy he found what he wanted and I am even happier that we don't have a payment on it.  I love being payment free!  Besides are house we are completely debt free.  It feels great!  Now our goal is to save money from our truck payment we are used to making and maybe in a few years I can buy me a new van!  Yay!


No comments: