Sunday, February 9, 2014

You'll never guess what.....more pictures!

I know I always post a lot of pictures with my posts, but that is because that is how I remember things.  I like downloading pictures from my phone to help me remember what we have done lately.  Especially since they are pictures I take during just normal times and in between big events that I use my big camera for.  So here is a recap of pictures from my phone.  I had to take Kaylee in for a follow up appointment to check her tubes and her hearing.  It was a LONG appointment.  We spent quite a bit of time in the waiting area just to get called back.  Then when we finally did get called back, Preston had a dirty diaper.  So I quickly changed him in the room and finished up when the doctor walked in.  Sorry!  He quickly checked Kaylee's ears and then told us to wait for the audiologist to come get her for her hearing test.  So we waited and waited and waited.  In the mean time, Preston was getting into everything and Alivia was pouting.  I took a picture of it because it was all I could do to just try and make it funny so I wouldn't cry.  Let's just say by the time I was done with the appointment, I was exhausted.  Kaylee was a little late for school since the appointment took longer than I thought and it was early out, meaning school started about an hour earlier than normal that day.      



I took this picture of Carson one day as he was just about to leave for school.  I love his new glasses and I think he is used to them now.  It has been an easier transition than I thought, which is great!
 A picture I took of the kids playing with the left over fondant from Kaylee's bday cake.
 Last week I took this picture of Preston playing in the baby furniture when the kids were gone Ice fishing.   He thought he was pretty funny!
We had skookies last Sunday evening for a dessert using our new skookie pans we got at Christmas.  This ones are just the right size!  The kids had brownies in theirs while we had cookies in ours.  I think we decided the cookies are better than the brownies.  Good to know for future use.


 We got a letter that Carson didn't pass some of the tones of the hearing test they did at school.  So I took him to the Districts diagnostics center on Wednesday to make sure it wasn't anything serious to worry about.  He did much better this time and probably had a little bit of negative pressure on the original testing day.  There was still a little hearing loss in his right ear, but nothing that would effect his learning or ability to hear at school.  Most of the issues are from all the scar tissue from all the tubes and issues he had when he was little.  That appointment was also stressful since I had the babies with me then too.  Again, it is just exhausting when I have them with me at places like that.  But they did think it was interesting watching Carson in the booth.

 Thursday was my brother, Matt's 30th Birthday, so I found this picture of him when he was probably 16 or so and posted it on FB.  I hope he got a good laugh out of it, I did!
Friday was a busy morning getting things done and cleaning bathrooms, so I put all three kids in the tub and took this picture.  Preston loves bath time, but we don't let him stay in very longs since he is quite the splasher and makes a mess of the bathroom every time!  It is ridiculous!  But he is happy!
 The past few days the kids have also come up with a new way of playing.  They take out all the blankets in the downstairs closet and play in it.  They each have their own shelf.  They seriously spent hours Friday and Saturday playing in it.  They have also discovered playing chef using pans in the kitchen.  I let them put them in the oven (not turned on of course) and they had a riot.  They set the timer and pretended to make all sorts of things.  Sometimes I wonder why we even bother buying them toys when they learn to play with such ordinary things around the house.
 These are the muddy buddies we made Friday!  Yum!
 And even yummier, my dinner from Smokin' Bones BBQ on Saturday.  Melt in your mouth BBQ pork and the cornbread is like eating cake!
So there you have it.  Even more pictures to show you and to help remind me just what we have been up to!

No comments: