Monday, February 17, 2014

President's Day

We enjoyed our President's day!  I was able to do an outside run since Nick was home.  It was my first run outside for 5 months.  I have been running on my treadmill a few times a week for the past 5 weeks since getting confirmation that my stress fracture is healed.  So it was fun to go and the weather was chilly but great!  I did 3 miles in just over 29 minutes which felt great.  My lungs were a little on fire when I got done, and I think it was because they weren't used to the cold weather.  We then got everyone ready and Carson went to piano while I taught piano myself.  When Carson got back, Nick took the three older kids to the new Lego Movie while I finished teaching piano and Preston napped.  They loved the movie!  I was glad to hear Alivia sat so still through the whole thing too!  After lunch, since Preston was still asleep Nick took the kids to Orange Leaf with some money that Grandma Karen had sent us for Valentines.  The kids were in heaven!  They spent the afternoon playing with friends while I went grocery shopping with Alivia.  We had french dip for dinner and watched the Olympics and got some reading in before putting the kids to bed early.  One cute thing to share is that when you ask Preston what does a doggy say, he will ruff like a dog.  It is so cute!  He also loves to nod or shake his head when you ask him a question.  He is getting so smart and can understand so much which makes things so much easier.  It was just such a great day!



No comments: