So a few weeks ago, Nick wanted to take the older kids ice fishing, but because we were all sick, it didn't happen. So they were excited to all get another chance at it last weekend. Nick tool the older three kids and Preston and I stayed home. They made it to Holden Friday around 6:30 in time for some spaghetti dinner. That was Kaylee' request. They did a little Birthday Celebration for Kaylee with cupcakes. She was so excited about the presents she got too. She got roller skates, a minnie doll, a interactive map, and a jump rope.
They woke up early the next day and headed out to Otter Creek. The weather was cold, but not unbearable, so that was good. They spend the day fishing and caught 5 all together. From what I was told, they had a blast. Here are some pictures of their day that Nick took on his phone for me.They stayed in Holden Saturday night and had a fun pizza dinner. They got up early Sunday and drove home in time to get ready and attend church. It sure made for a quiet house while they were gone. Preston and I just chilled at home. I helped with the music at a Baptism on Saturday, but the primary president's daughter was nice enough to come and watch Preston for me. Luckily he napped the whole time I was gone, so that made it easy! It was a low key weekend, which was really nice. I was able to do a bit of organizing and cleaning, but mostly just chill and watch tv. That was a luxury! Church went well. They had a special RS meeting, so they had the Elders and YW help cover primary classes so that ALL the women in the ward could attend Relief Society that day. The Mia Maids did singing time for Senior primary. We put together a Sing or Dare activity for both Jr. and Sr. so it would be easy and fun for them to do. I guess it went well. In RS, the lesson was on Visiting Teaching, and it was good. It just felt nice to be with all the women in the ward! The rest of our week has been pretty normal. Piano, scouts, gymnastics, choir, homework, reading, and normal every day stuff keeps us really busy. I was supposed to have a dentist appointment yesterday, but I guess our dental insurance changed the first of the year (we didn't realize it) and found out our dentist is no longer on our list of providers. So I cancelled that appointment and spent most of yesterday trying to find a new dentist that could get us in for checkups without waiting two months. I think I found a good one, and I am hoping they are just as wonderful as our old dentist. Tonight I have a stake primary social thing for our ward. They have invited our auxiliary to a little get together with the stake primary presidency. I can't believe it is already the weekend again! I don't mind if the months go by fast, that means winter will be over soon. I am so ready for some sunshine!!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment