Saturday, February 1, 2014

Happy 6th Birthday Kaylee!

Our Kaylee bug turned 6 on Thursday!  (The 30th).  She woke up bright and early and was pretty excited for her big day!  We had put balloons in her room and streamers on her door.  She loved it! She also loved the sash, pin (It said "Happy Birthday to Me"), and hat headband she got to wear all day.  She took Hostess Cupcakes to school for her birthday treat and also got to fill the birthday bag with things like her baby doll, family picture, teddy, and pom poms to help tell about herself.  



Nick was able to come home from work a little early and was able to help me get the cake decorated.  I had stayed up late the night before making the fondant, and had made the cakes earlier in the day and put them in the freezer to make them easier to cut and frost.  We were able to finish up the cake just as the kids got home from school (it was early out all week for SEP's).  Once we were all home, Kaylee got to open her presents. She got a lot of art stuff like markers, glitter paint, and paper.  She also got twin babies and a yfliker scooter like Carson's, but pink!  She was very happy about it all!









I took the kids to choir, where Kaylee handed out mini donuts as a bday treat.  Alivia and I stopped at the store on the way home and picked up some ice cream for the cake party later that night.  I dropped Livy off at home where I had a babysitter come and watch the two babies, while Nick and I picked up the kids from choir practice and took them to dinner at Texas RH, which was Kaylee's request.  Both the babies were pretty fussy and we didn't want to even attempt to take them to dinner with us.  We had a very nice and fun dinner and the best part was watching Kaylee get on the saddle.  She loved it!



We got home in time to get everything ready for a few friends to come over and have cake and ice cream with us.  Kaylee had told me she wanted a cheerleader cake with pom pom's, so this is what I ended up making for her.

It was pretty fun to make and I was pleased how it turned out.  It was chocolate with layers of frosting, and it was delicious!  We had the Yospes, Youngbergs, Garaycocheas, Justin B, and the Nelsons over to help us celebrate.  It was a little crazy with all the kids, but it was a blast!





We just love our Kaylee bugs to death!  She is such a smart little girl and it is so fun to see her learning so much.  She is getting better all the time with her reading and she is catching on to the piano pretty fast too.  She can be such a big helper and loves to play with her friends.  We are so happy she is part of our family!  Happy Birthday Kaylee!

No comments: