Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Happy 23rd Uncle Chris!

I remember when my little brother Chris was born.  I was almost 10 (his due date was my birthday I think).  And it was a Sunday night when my dad came into our room and told that mom was having the baby.  We all went to the hospital, including our foreign exchange student, and got to watch him be born.  It was totally awesome.  And now he just turned 23!  Our kids love their uncle Chris, and who wouldn't?  He is so cute with the kids and is always willing to be their entertainment. We all got together Sunday after church for a birthday dinner.  Chris brought his two roommates, Jeff and Trac.  They are all great men and will make the best dads someday!  While we finished dinner they played with the kids.  My parents and Matt's family were also able to be there to help us celebrate.



Dinner was a special request from Chris and included turkey roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, rolls, and salad.  We also had his favorite pudding and whip cream cake for dessert.  Natalie brought a yummy jello salad that my kids loved and grandma also spoiled us with a yummy pan of cookie bars.  Needless to say, there was plenty of food.  


 After dinner there was some more play time with the kids and a quick game of Knock your Neighbor.  Followed by some birthday cake and present opening.  Carson and Kaylee had both made him a home made card and present.  Carson's mr. potato head was pretty comical and I think Chris got a kick out of it.









I sure love Chris.  He has always been so kind to me and my family and I love any chance we have to get together with him.  Even though I wish he lived closer, I feel pretty lucky that I live the closest to him out of our family.  Orem isn't too far away and I am grateful for his efforts in spending time with us.  I think that this year will be his year.  I am so proud of how hard he is working in school and in the church.  I am excited to see where this next year will take him.  Love ya bud!!

No comments: