Sunday, February 16, 2014

Getting ready for Valentine's Day!

We had a super fun and busy week getting all ready for the big day!  Valentine's day was on Friday, but we spent the whole week working on valentines, making cupcakes, and working on boxes.  Wednesday, we had the Nelson's over and we decorated cupcakes after dinner.  They were yummy!  Even the kids got to try their hand at piping on the icing.  They did great!




We found a picture of a combine tractor on Pintrest that Carson wanted to make for his box this year.  So Dad and Carson spent several nights working on the box.  I was impressed how it turned out!


Preston and Livy love to jump and play on my bed and the other night I found them downstairs in Carson's bed.  It is so fun to see Preston old enough now to really play with the other kids.  It makes it a bit easier to keep him happy and entertained.

 He also loves his big sis Kaylee.  They were watching TV one morning and I found him snuggling with her on the couch. He won't even snuggle with me!  It was cute.  Kaylee brought home a picture she drew at school.  It was a picture of Grandma Karen making a cake.  It said "Here is my grama.  She can make a cake."

 Haha....one more pic.  This has nothing to do with getting ready for valentine's but it was funny.  I could hear Preston fussing and walked out of my room to find himself basically handcuffed to the coat rack.  He had stuck his hands in the hooks and couldn't figure out how to get them out.  So before I helped him I grabbed my phone and took a picture.  He just sat and looked at me like "Really mom?  Aren't you going to help me out of this?".  It made us all chuckle!

No comments: