We had a great Thankgiving holiday, but before we get to that I need to post what we did earlier in the week. The kids had school just Monday and Tuesday, which they were happy about. Tuesday night, after piano and dinner, we headed to the church for Carson's court of honor. He was in charge of the flag ceremony at the beginning. He did a great job! He got a few awards, can't think of what they are exactly off the top of my head, but something about marbles and Leave no Trace award. Who knows! After they did the awards and fun cheers, they got to make their own bird caller and a fun sunflower seed covered bagel to use as a bird feeder. Both of the older kids got to make them and they loved it.
After we got home the kids asked if they could do a sleepover in Carson's room since they didn't have school the next day. They were excited when we told them yes. They packed all the stuff they would need....liked clothes, toys, food (mostly granola bars and bottles of water), and headed down to Carson's room. They even packed Kaylee's thyroid medicine she takes every morning. After a while of it being really quiet, I walked downstairs to check on them to find them playing the game of Life. I thought it was great so I had to take a picture! Shortly after that they went to bed with no fuss. I didn't hear from them again until early the next morning when I got up to work out, I went downstairs and noticed the bedroom light on. So I went in and they were in playing another game, all dressed and ready to go for the day. This was at like 7 in the morning, so I was a little surprised, but since Carson is always an early riser, I wasn't totally shocked! It makes me happy when I see them getting along so well. They can be the best of friends but also spend a lot of time fighting and arguing and whining with each other. So it is great to see the upsides to having more than just one kid!!! I hope they will continue to be great friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment