Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Last Day of Talking Time

Monday night for FHE, Carson insisted on teaching the lesson.  He wanted to teach us what he had learned in scouts the week before which was knife safety and carving.  We started FHE off with a prayer, followed by an opening song of "Hokey Pokey" played by Carson since that is the song he is learning this week.  It was quite a way to start FHE.  After his instruction on how to be safe with knives, we moved into the kitchen to carve potatoes.  He wanted to do soap, but I told him that was too expensive, so we used potatoes and sharp knives.  Not the best idea.  Within 45 seconds of starting, Kaylee cut her thumb.  I knew that was going to happen!  Luckily a bandaid was all she needed.  It was still a fun night and Carson was so in his element talking about what he had learned.  It was cute!      
 The kids have been working hard learning their recital songs.  My student's recital is next Saturday morning and Carson and Kaylee will be playing in it.  I recorded them practicing their songs Tuesday morning.  I am so proud of both of them and thrilled to see how well they are doing.  It isn't always easy for them, but they work so hard on the piano and practice almost every day.  We occasional have some crazy days and mornings, but 95% of the time, they practice every day.
 Tuesday afternoon I took Alivia to her last Talking Time class.  She has made huge strides with her speech over the year and that is all thanks to talking time.  Her teachers have been amazing and it was fun getting to know them during the year.  Miss Donna (the red head), Miss Brynn (The brunette), and Miss Vanessa (gray) will be dearly missed by both Alivia and I.  For the last day of talking time they had a little party instead of our usual rotation.  They played with toys, played duck duck goose, played "Don't eat Pete!", made a craft, and had cookies.  It was a fun way to end the year.








No comments: