Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Brace Face!

Last Thursday was a busy day!  After taking the kids to school, Preston and I did some quick clean up around the house before hooking up the trailer to head North.  Carson had a ortho appt at 11:30 and so the plan was to pick up Nick from work on the way and make a load to the storage unit since we were already going to be halfway up to PV.  I had never hooked the trailer up myself, but with some help from Nick on the phone, I got it figured out pretty easily!  I was pretty proud of myself!  I checked Carson out of school and headed to Clearfield to get Nick and go see Dr. Broadbent, where Carson would be getting his retainer.  Oh, and did I mention this was also my first time even driving with a trailer?  It wasn't too bad.  I was a bit nervous, but it all went fine.  Carson was so excited for his retainer.  I think the novelty wore off pretty fast though.  We unloaded the trailer, stopped to check out the progress on the house, and then stopped at Wendy's for lunch.  Carson has to take out his retainer to eat but then keep it in the rest of the time.  That is going to take some getting used to, but he is doing ok with it.  He is also learning how to talk with it in his mouth.  That has been trickier than he thought.  But it will be good.  He will have to wear it for about 2 years, but will hopefully make room (we adjust it every two weeks to get wider) for more teeth and it also has a little think on it that forces is lower teeth and jaw to come forward when they are closed.  My only concern is it getting lost.  I do not want to replace that thing!

 Like I said, we stopped at the house and they had even more walls up!  All but the garage walls were up.  It was fun to see it look more like a house now!




 We made it home checked Carson back into school and picked up Alivia who was staying with her friend Abby after preschool.  While Nick took a quick nap, I took the two babies to the apple store for a little treat.  We made it home right before it started pouring rain!  I was glad we avoided the rain earlier in the day while we took up a load to the storage unit.  I can't get over how much it has rained in the past month.  It is slowing our build down just a bit, but I think we are still on track to get moved in during August.


No comments: