It is hard to believe we are already into October! Wow! We had a busy start to our week with Preston's Two Year checkup. He looks good according to Dr. Reese. Alivia got to play at Abby's house while we went and had a blast. When we got home, my visiting teachers came and we had a good visit while all the kids played. Jan Pace watches a few kids and had them with her so it worked out great as entertainment for my kids. A trip to the school for some pta stuff, piano lessons and homework consumed the rest of our day. We did have a short FHE lesson that Kaylee taught on tithing before we headed to bed.
This was us girls having a crazy moment right before we headed to bed on Monday. Sometimes it feels so good to let your hair down after having it pulled up or braided all day long. Tuesday, I got all the kids ready for school and took this picture while they waited for their ride (Dave). I didn't have a van that day because we took it into a shop to have a new dvd screen put in (ours stopped working, but it WAS 6 years old) and also back up camera. I am SOOO happy to have a back up camera in our van. We had been looking for a new van but couldn't find one we liked so we decided since we are keeping ours for a few years we would make the upgrades we wanted. So since I didn't have a van, Dave was great and took carpool for me.
I did have to take Nick's truck to take Alivia to Talking Time on Tuesday since my van wasn't done yet. She loves talking time and will ask to go to it even on days she doesn't have it.
Tuesday, when Carson got home from school he said he didn't feel good and laid on the couch while I taught piano and Kaylee went to her piano lessons. He ended up not going to his piano lesson and rested until dinner time. He felt a bit better for dinner and ate great, but by midnight that night I was awakened by Kaylee telling me Carson had thrown up. Shortly after we got him taken care of, Alivia was up several times needing to go to the bathroom, and then also ended up throwing up too. I was at least aware it was coming since she had the same symptoms of Carson and put a towel on her bed which made clean up a lot easier. Preston woke up in the morning and also threw up, but since he had an empty stomach, it was mostly a dry heave. Since it was such a long night, Nick stayed home from work and was able to help watch the kids while I went on a run and did some errands, including stopping at the school during lunch to see the kids who sold at least 4 boxes of candy bars have their pizza party. Kaylee was one of them and I took a plate of pizza home for Carson, who had stayed home that day. He felt pretty good most of the day, but I wanted him symptom free for at least 24 hours before sending him back to school. Alivia also missed school that day. The kids were all well enough to make it to school on Thursday, and the older kids went to choir and then we had a free night for dinner. That helps get all the leftovers in the fridge eaten up! Today, I got the older kids off to school, got in my work out, cleaned the bathrooms and then took the little kids on a walk. On our way home we stopped and asked Gentry to play with Alivia. They played barbies and then we had a dance party! Preston is now asleep and the rest of the kids are playing outside. The weather today is beautiful with temps in the high 60's.
Kaylee got another 100% on her spelling test and Carson just finished a math page of homework, and when I checked it he hadn't missed one problem. I love it when he can figure something out and do such a good job! We are planning on a date night tonight. Probably dinner and then an evening at Lagoon with just Nick and myself. Can't wait!







No comments:
Post a Comment