Monday, October 27, 2014

A bit of a Silly Sunday

Before I put the kids to bed on Saturday night, they showed me their "List".  It was everything they would need to do the next day.  It was in this order:  Exercise, Shower, Breakfast, Make beds, Read, Guess Who (The game), put tent away, Church, and then Go somwhere...not sure what that was.  Isn't that hilarious!!  I am a little sad practicing their piano wasn't on the list, but overall I liked their thinking.  And sure enough, they did most of those things.  Kaylee said they were going to do pushups for their workout, but I didn't see it for myself.  But when I got out of the shower to get ready for my early ward council meeting, I could hear the shower downstairs turn on (so approx 7 AM).  Sure enough, both of them had showered by the time I had gotten dressed and went down to see what they were up to.  I sure love it when they work so well together and have so much fun.  When I got home from my meeting I found them playing on their rollerblades in the garage, with clown wigs on.  Silly kids!

We had a great day at Church.  Primary went smoothly and the primary kids were exra reverent, which always makes it nice!  Overall we really have a very reverent primary.  We have a few kids that are a little busy and wiggly, but overall we have great kids.  Even our Sr. Primary is great and doesn't give us any attitude and are always good to participate.  My kids can be a handful sometimes and very loud, but during primary they are always so quiet and good.  I wish they would be more like that during Sacrament meeting, but I am glad that they are at least good for their teachers.  I hear nothing but praise from their teachers and as a mom, that is the best thing in the world!
Nick was amazing that day and had put chicken in the crockpot and potatoes in the oven so we could have a yummy dinner after church.  (We don't get out until 4 PM).  I had a short choir practice, so by the time I got home they were all ready to eat.  
1 o'clock church is also hard for nap time.  So Preston did get to sneak in a nap after dinner.  But woke up in time for dessert.  We had let our neighbor. Lindsey, borrow our apple corer and peeler and when she returned it, she included a jar of her apple filling she was making.  It was perfect for an apple cobbler.  I love fall food like that, and I told her she could borrow our peeler any time!!!  Yum!

It was a great, fun, and silly Sunday, and I am so grateful we got to spend it together as a family.

No comments: