Friday, July 11, 2014

Our Independence Day!

Warning: Picture Overload (But what else is new?)
After the parade we headed to the "Spot" that Justin had saved with their trailer.  The "Spot" was where we were going to watch the fireworks that night.  The Idaho Fall Mellaluca Fireworks is the biggest firework show west of the Mississippi and 2nd largest in the nation after Philadelphia.  Wow!  Since it is such a big deal, you have to claim your spot early!  We made it a lot of fun by basically making it our base camp for the whole day.  We got things set up and then headed to Pizza Pie Cafe for some yummy lunch.  We had never been and it did not disappoint. It was so yummy and with some coupons, it was very affordable!     



 Preston fell asleep on the way there (which he did several times through out the day because we didn't hold still long enough to let him take a nap and we went to bed so late every night we were in Idaho!)


After lunch we hung out at the trailer for a bit, but it got too hot, so we headed to Target to play around and keep cool and then went to the cheap movie theater and watched a show just so we could enjoy some AC for a bit.  Nick & Ris took the younger kids to go see Rio 2, while mom, Chris, Braydon, and I went and saw Divergent.  I read the series, so I was so excited to see it and I LOVED it!  Poor Nick, he is such a good sport.  He hung out in the lobby with Preston for most of it since he was such a pill.  This is the picture he posted on FB.  Made me laugh!

 We got back to the trailer and had sloppy joes for dinner and just played games, visited, and danced the night away.  Chris went on an 8 mile run, no biggie, and the rest of us got a few laps around the river and park on our bikes.  Marisa had several of her friends families there and they were so fun.  I think half of the fun of the fireworks is waiting for them to start.









The fireworks show last just over 30 minutes and was set to music and everything.  It was just wonderful.  Our "spot" was perfect and it was overall a great way to spend our Independence Day.  I love holidays like this.  It gives me a chance to reflect on all the blessing me and my family have.  The freedom we get to have is amazing and I am grateful for it every day!  I can't imagine how it would be to live any where else.  God Bless America!

No comments: