Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Good Week-Part One

We started off the week with a trip to Lagoon Monday evening.  It is becoming a fun Summer tradition to spend our Monday evenings there.  We like meeting up with our friends, the Youngbergs, and just playing the night away.  On our way out I told the kids they could play in the fountains, and I really thought they would just splash a little bit and be good.  But they LOVED it and all were soaked!  We stripped Preston down to his diaper to get him in the van, but the other kids had to sit in their wet clothes on the way home.  But they didn't mind since they had so much fun.

The next day, they had swim lessons at 11, then ate a quick lunch at home and got the kids cleaned up to head to Discovery Gateway with our friends the Tanners.  I got to know Dawn and her cute family when she served in the Primary Presidency while I was pianist and chorister.  She has a little girl, Emily, that is Preston's age and then just had a baby a month ago named Ryan.  The kids had a blast at the art class we got to go to, where they made little treasure pouches.







 It was a fun day!  Preston took a good nap and slept through dinner but was awake in time to play outside while Carson and I mowed the lawn.  Nick had a Sunday School teacher training he was helping with that night.  As we were mowing, Carson wanted to help me pull weeds, and ended up playing with the bucket.  He does this with garbage cans too!  He will grab the little garbage cans from the bathrooms when I empty them and walk around the house with them on his head.  So it was funny he thought to do it with this bucket too!
 It was just a great start to a super fun week!

No comments: