Saturday was spent mostly doing a LOT of cleaning and organizing while Nick was at work. The kids played and helped me hand wash the van and truck. Kaylee went to Makenna's party and then to Ashlyn's party right after. Carson, Livy and I also went to her party when Nick got home and while Preston napped. After the parties, we had monster pancakes for dinner and then headed to Farmington station to enjoy the evening and take some pictures of Carson. I love taking pictures around the kid's birthdays and Carson was happy to let me take them. I edited them tonight and I am happy with how they turned out. As I was editing them, I kept thinking of how sweet of a kid he is and how it is crazy to think he is going to be Nine on Tuesday! After a quick photo shoot, the kids played on the playground and we even watched a fun fountain show. We walked over to the Habit grill where Nick and I had dinner the night before and ordered some fries to munch on. They were just so good and the kids agreed! We ended the night with a quick trip to Lagoon (which is just across the freeway from the Station) to ride the Sky Scraper ferris wheel. It was the perfect time to ride it. It was just getting dark and there was not a very long line when we got in line. A few minutes after we got in line, it lit up all bright and in just a matter of minutes there was a HUGE line behind us. I was worried how Preston and Livy would do as far as holding still for that long and keeping them happy, but they amazing and we all just really enjoyed the ride. It was SO amazing and fun. We were only going to ride that one ride, but we decided to ride the carousel as well. We made it home way past our bed times, but it was worth it!
We had a good Sunday. I had ward concil this morning and had a typical Sunday block at church. Carson got sung to since his Birthday is this week. I made pizza for dinner (our favorite!) and then we just hung out and the kids played the game of Life and then we ended the evening with an impromptu water party. We were enjoying the evening on the front porch and we asked Kaylee to water the plants. Preston was wanting to help her and ended up getting pretty wet, and then before we knew it, he had the hose and they were all wet! We just laughed and watched them for a good half hour playing in the water.
But really....it has been a really good week. I hope they continue like this the rest of the summer!









No comments:
Post a Comment